Friday, May 28, 2010

number one!

Hellooooo!

I've been thinking about making this blog for a while and now I am finally doing it.
To explain, a little...

I began this project at the beginning of my last year of Art School (I majored in Textiles). The idea was to spend a short amount of time each morning making a wee creature, in order to use up fabric scraps, practice some hand stitching and also just to make something, to get going. (my backup plan, in case I failed to achieve anything else that year, was that at least if I did a beast a day I would have many slightly crooked friends to present for my project and to keep me company.)

Anyway... that was then.. and I am still going... So here is where I will put them when they arrive in the world.

I think, in this age of perfection and mass-production, it's a little bit awesome to produce things that are so individual and usually hilariously defective. I hope they make you chuckle. Or cringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment